Menopause in the Workplace
Why do we need to consider menopause in business?
- Women are working in greater numbers than ever before
- Just over 70% of women are in paid employment
- Women make up 47% of the workforce
- In the UK around 4.3 million women aged 50+ in employment
- Increased rates of employment of women aged 50 and above mean more working women than ever will experience menopause
- Increase in female leadership means many women in senior positions
Support for Organisations:
I work as an associate trainer with Henpicked: Menopause in the Workplace. You can find out more about the services we offer here: https://menopauseintheworkplace.co.uk/
Some of the organisations I’ve worked with:
- University of Manchester
- Hewlett Packard
- University of Bradford
- Harm Technology
- Said Business School, Oxford University
- Plus Dane Housing Association
- Office Depot
- Warrington NHS Trust
- Pennine NHS Trust
Here we take you through some of the key things organisations should have in place to support members of your team experiencing menopause symptoms
What are the key things you should be thinking about to ensure your workplace is menopause friendly? What might a reasonable adjustment look like? It’s often a lots easier than you might think.
Here we uncover practical things you can do as an employer to improve the support you provide to any employees experiencing menopause symptoms
Supporting menopause is a 2-way relationship. Some symptoms make work more challenging but also some workplace things can affect our symptoms. Learn here some of the key things to consider.